Strategy DirectorStrategy / Ref: 33938
Rare opportunity for a Strategy Director (or ambitious Senior) to join a small, extremely talented team at a Concept Studio in East London.
Everything about the business is set-up to challenge convention to elevate creativity: from its creative output to its bottom-up structure.
This business, owned by a renowned conceptual CD, helps global clients to create good ideas that are well thought through (and turns heads without the need for big PR budgets). Their clients range from luxury fashion, beauty, automotive, to world-famous toys.
They’re looking for a conceptual/culturally in-tune, client-facing Strategist with a guerrilla approach to collaborate (in a beautiful office) with 8 team members. People who care about art, design, and fashion (but do not need to be a “fashion” person), would be naturally well suited. Those who have a love of brand partnerships, talent collaborations, and activations will thrive.
The perfect candidate will love challenging senior stakeholders’ ideas, amazing at writing presentations, be a seasoned senior contact for clients, and brilliant at running projects operationally. You will have an on-the-pulse view of the world around them meaning they can bring a unique point of view to the table.
It is a team of no egos, so objective backing for your ideas is a winning ingredient. You’ll also have experience helping to nurture teams and client relationships.
This role is concept ONLY. Not execution. Though the studio advises brands / partners as conceptual guardians on digital/physical launches. This role is called Concept Director in the business on account of this.
Key ingredients for the role
– Client facing experience is essential, as is more senior operational knowledge as to how to smoothly manage projects through mutli-faceted teams.
– A love of challenging senior stakeholders ideas / amazing at writing presentations.
– Lover or brand collaborations, partnerships, activations, concepts, PR, and Communications.
– Might be from an entertainment, fashion, music background.
– Might have worked for a youth culture publication or media establishment.
– Might have worked in-house for a brand managing brand/comms planning and brand activations.
– On the pulse with what’s going on culturally. Latest trends. So able to confidently bring their own unique and objective POV.
– A high level of written communication is essential. As are presentation skills (including a willingness to present to client).
– Able to write take the lead on strategic conceptual thinking for ideas, as well as communicating that into pitch / presentations.
– Lover of close knit-teams and the buzz of in-office creative collaboration. Each team member is unique, and roles are not siloed.
– Has a great understanding of brands and who they might collaborate with, and why. Including why brands exist, and how/why an intersection would benefit both.
– Experience working with brand creatives from graphic design to brand comms to bring ideas to life. Also lots of client management experience.
– Able to objectively present who we collab with, when, what platforms do we tap into, and why. How it all works.
– Understands how ideas transition from concept to reality and able to bind this into their thinking
If you feel you have the required skills, please apply with your CV and showreel to email@example.com. Suitable applicants will be contacted, though we will endeavour to reply to all.
Equality of opportunities, fairness and kindness are at the heart of what we do at Peas. We pride ourselves on recruiting Talents on the sole merit of their skills and ambition, irrespective of their background, identity, and disabilities. It is our responsibility, as talent agents and individuals, to foster an environment of inclusion and respect where everyone is encouraged to apply for (and land!) their dream job. Real personal success can only be achieved together.