Senior Video EditorMoving Image & Film / Ref: PM-33319
Onsite (4-5 days) in central London
A production agency that has trebled its output over the last 12 months, now is in need of a Senior Video Editor to run large scale jobs, and manage a small team or editors too. Its a fantastic time to join this business.
Remit will cover non-linear video editing. A ripe opportunity for a senior video editor who wants to be part of the leadership of a dynamic and growing team. Specialising in a wide variety of deliverables, covering digital, creative, animated and news packages. Strong graphical and animation skills would be required, alongside a passion for storytelling. Technical knowledge of file compression, codecs and formats for broadcast, online and social platforms is also required. The role will also requires the odd travel for on-site editing (abroad, 2-7 days max).
Role and responsibilities include:
- Leads the small edit team on creating high quality videos: online editorial, social, trailers, creative films etc
- Assigns, edits and generates well-packaged story ideas. Works closely with producers and client managers. Delivers editorial projects on time and on budget
- Help build and maintain strong links between different departments including producers and client managers
- Ensuring all work is of the highest quality and with clear attention to detail
- Work alongside Editors and producers on projects or in isolation
- Able to pickup other editor’s projects to create a seamless result for the client
- Engage with team discussions and decisions to improve the department
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and prioritize effectively
- Take ownership of larger scale projects and films
- Prepare, setup and configure software for new projects within edit and graphic design software
- Generate new ideas to work and for the composition of video edits.
Skills and experiences sought:
- High proficiency in Adobe Premiere as a senior video editor
- Advance level skills in Adobe After Effects to create text on screen, basic graphics, and animated logos
- Experience of editing for large scale branded content films and corporate films
- Grading packages experience of either Looks, Magic Bullet or Colour
- Understanding of sound design
- Compression/transcoding software i.e. Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder
- Preparing, setting up and configuring software for new projects within edit and graphic design software
- Good communication skills with clients/account handlers
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Strong technical knowledge and problem-solver
- Excellent time keeping and ability to work to strict deadlines
In return, you will be exposed to global clientele, get your hands on some large scale edit jobs that are showreel worthy, and be supported by an established production company who have so much more great work to produce.
Keen to apply? If you recent career has exposed you large scale edits that you can demonstrate in your showreel, and are keen to manage a small team and further develop your career, we would love to hear from you. Please send in your CV and showreel link to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We review applications daily, suitable applications will be called asap, though we will endeavour to reply to everyone.
Equality of opportunities, fairness and kindness are at the heart of what we do at Peas. We pride ourselves on recruiting candidates on the sole merit of their skills and ambition, irrespective of their background, identity, and disabilities. It is our responsibility, as talent agents and individuals, to foster an environment of inclusion and respect where everyone is encouraged to apply for (and land!) their dream job. Real personal success can only be achieved together.