3D Character Animation SupervisorMoving Image & Film / Ref: PM-32997
Dep on exp
Are you looking for career progression within 3d Character Animation? If spearheading the delivery of large scale animation to global media companies excites you, this vacancy may be the perfect fit for you.
3D Character Animation Supervisor
Location: UK, remote working
Tenure: Fixed-Term-Contract (to perm)
This is a great opportunity to work alongside cutting edge AI-based motion capture technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Be the vital bridge between 3d character Animation and Technical teams
- Manage client and colleagues understanding of project scope and delivery schedules
- Interpret client feedback in meaningful way to technical/animation teams
- Lead project delivery & management of animation projects
- Manage and grow freelance 3d character animator pool
- Provide benchmarks and guidance for the 3d character animators to work towards
- Quality control 3d character animation output based on project requirements
- Proactively collaborate with Heads of departments
- Manage workflow integration with clients
- Training 3d character animators on re-targeting & quality processes
- Hands on 3d character animation when required
- Proven experience within 3d Character Animation, preferably on AAA-level Video Games projects.
- A strong track record in large volume, quick turn-around animation projects and the ability to meet deadline targets
- A clear understanding of freelance management and workload distribution
- Strong leadership – being able to motivate and develop a team mentality for 3d character animators
- A precise eye for detail for 3d character animation clean-up and quality
- A thorough understanding of basic human kinetics and basic artistic human anatomy
- An understanding of motion capture processes, 3d character acting and rig re-targeting
- Must have knowledge of 3d animation software such as Blender and Autodesk Maya
- Experience working with animal or quadruped animations is beneficial
This company is looking for an experienced pair of hands from the 3d Character Animation world. It could be someone hands on as a Senior/Lead 3d Animator looking for that step up, or a current Supervisor looking for that fresh challenge, or a Technical Director excited towards the prospect of growing a new team.
If you feel you have the experience and skills required to take this challenge on, and grow the team, we would love to hear from you. Apply with CV and showreel of work, to email@example.com
Salary depending on experience, and competitive
This is a fixed-term-contract, with a view to perm
Remote based working, from UK.
Suitable applicants will be contacted, though we will endeavour to reply to all