Creative Director (Motion & Film)Moving Image & Film / Ref: CC1569
£80,000 to £95,000 DOE
Our client is a moving image agency, producing films, commercials, promos, trailers, documentaries, branded and digital content for entertainment clients, mostly music and theater but also tv and film.
With facilities in London and New York, and a talented production team, they provide a full creative solution from concept through shoot, edit, design, finishing, mix and master. Now on the hunt for an amazing Creative Director to join their small talented team, working in the heart of Central London.
Music is a very important aspect as it was the foundation of the company: working with record companies internationally, producing award winning campaigns for various artists, encompassing EPKs, music videos, docs, concert films or TV. As the production company of choice for some of the worlds leading names, they work across a range of theatrical productions from new plays to musicals, overcoming the challenge of translating stage to screen to create premium content.
As a Creative Director you’ll be empowered to make innovative, inventive and inspiring work. You’ll be a leader and be expected to collaborate closely with producers and the in-house team, and have flawless client facing skills.
You’ll be a natural at thinking big, a good portion of your job will be generate ideas, nurture them, inspire and listen to the people around you, oversee how concepts develop and the quality of work. You’ll be pushing craft and innovating with technology to ensure work is delivered to the highest standard.
Who are you?
- A natural story teller. You’ll be able to excite, foster and encourage those around you, weather clients or colleagues, to invest in their work
- You have the ability to visualise and sell your ideas, you’ll be articulated and able to make your point come across diverse crowds.
- A passionate understanding of the music business
- Experience leading multiple and complex projects, by providing strong creative direction and acting as a role model for the production team
- Able to establish good and long lasting relationships with clients to encourage business growth
- Interested in develop practices and processes to harness new ways of thinking, and able to explain how to get there
- Able and happy to mentor junior members, working with them to establish their goals and ambitions
- You have great ideas that are well executed.
- Must be well versed within the areas of motion graphics (3D not essential but a bonus) and film; have excellent crafting skills and know how things get made: motion graphics, filming, editing, grading and sound design. You’ll be able to knock up photoshop boards, or rip a reel in Premiere, but mostly you’ll have to have a good in depth understanding of how everything is put together. You’re expected to be able to explain to colleagues in precise terms why changes are required. You’re persuasive, confident and assertive in presenting work.
- Happy and comfortable in engaging with strategic dimension of work and think outside the box – what hasn’t been done before?
- Previous experience managing teams of 8-20 people, overseeing their work, providing creative direction
- There will be the occasional work off site as you’ll be working with live performances, so you’ll need to see rehearsals and venues / stages, going to shoots, pitching to other agencies or producers off site.
If this is something you feel you have the experience for, and are keen to apply, please send your updated CV and all relevant portfolio/showreel links to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full time job in Central London in a small creative agency environment Suitable applicants will be contacted, although we will endeavor to reply to all
Salary on offer between £80,000 to £95,000 DOE
Keep in touch here https://twitter.com/wearepeas