Unity / Maya Technical AnimatorMoving Image & Film / Ref: CC-32977
£250 per day
Our client are an award winning agency that is results driven and do strategic content production for some seriously big clients. They have a strong passion for storytelling through different mediums, that being animation, video, motion, VR or AR.
Currently seeking a talented mid-senior technical animator to work remotely and support the team with an ambitious VR project that can have a duration of up to 2 months.
You will collaborate with both key stakeholders and the rest of the team and key to deliver the product’s vision.
The right person will work alongside the Lead Animator and Technical Lead to set out guidelines for the expected quality, pipeline & processes to implement performance captured character animation data within the Unity Engine.
This is a role that suits someone who is are comfortable in taking on both creative and technical challenges, having a good understanding of best
practices in development through all phases of interactive production.
What skills will you need to have:
- Solid understanding of Unity Engine pipeline. Including character setup and support
- Knowledge of animation and able to provide recommendations and advise the team
- Great knowledge of end to end character animation workflow/pipelines
- Experience with high fidelity motion capture
- Working knowledge of Maya (Character Rigging, Texturing and Shader)
- Working knowledge of Motion Capture Processes and retargeting of data
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder
What are your main responsibilities?
- You will support the lead animator and technical lead in tasks and duties, meeting quality standards and technical requirements
- You will be able to advise on the implementation process from Motion Builder to Unity
- You will be able to provide technical support on animation tools, and advise on QA processes for FBX characters and animation data deliverables (in unity)
- You will support with testing animation deliverables along with animators, programmers and other team members
In a nutshell, you’ll be working remotely supporting a multidisciplinary team on an ambitious VR project (dates TBC but might take up to 2 months)
Ideally looking for Mid-Seniors, pays from 250 day DOE.
Sounds like you?
If you’re checking all the boxes send us your updated CV asap to email@example.com
Note; This is an onsite job in London Not quite right?