Design ManagerCreative & Design / Ref: CC1658
£40,000 to £50,000
Our client is an award winning design agency based in Kent and is currently on the hunt for an amazing Design Manager
An innovative and growing creative design agency, with a strong reputation for delivering smart and beautiful business solutions, when partnering with their wide range of clients. They are strategic and insightful and apply data into everything they do: brand identity, website design, online comms, marketing campaign.
The studio has grown organically, there’s more and bigger clients and a need to take things to the next level. That’s where you come in, with a unique and creative voice and technical skills to help trek this path.
This role is about growth, collaboration and leadership. Growth because they need an inspirational creative to work along with the Creative Director and take the reins whenever he/she is engaged, making sure the output quality remains the same; Collaboration is key to work on a daily basis with the entire team, so you will have your own vision but also able to take direction when needed; Leadership because you must set (along with Creative Director) creative direction, oversee projects and lead creative team.
- Leadership with a nurturing approach and sensibility to deal with other creative minds
- Background as a senior graphic designer from any design discipline.
- Current experienced in team leadership, to be able to commandeer a well-established team from the get go
- Strong aesthetic design skills, with a deep understanding of colours, fonts and layouts, and full use of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to provide insightful feedback
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, engaging and inspiring with clear ideas and vision,
- Able and interested in effectively manage the full life cycle of a design project
Working closely with Creative Director to develop and set creative direction (this is a hands off role with occasional needs for hands on)
Overseeing projects, Experience developing concepts
Leadership and line management of a multidisciplinary team (senior designers, artworkers, illustrators and interactive designers)
Overview design function, creating and implementing plans for ongoing improvement
Leading short sharp daily meetings with team to drive quality and timely delivery
Working with Ops team to make sure projects are running smoothly and any issues re: deliverables are being communicated properly and timely
Making a positive and imaginative contribution to the ongoing development of the agency’s culture, values and outlook
So in a nutshell, you’ll be working in an inspiring environment, a creative design studio, along with the Creative Director, Ops team and Creative team. You’ll be the glue that holds everyone together, sharp and assertive, able to stand your ground but in a nurturing and kind manner You’re creative, supportive, organised and a caring team player.
Sounds like you? Send us an updated CV and folio with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this vacancy.