Studio ManagerProject Management / Ref: ES1246
My client is a very well established and well-known publisher within the world of art and design. Their publications cover the arts (fine, applied, decorative, performing), archaeology and history, architecture, design, photography, travel and popular culture.
My client is now looking for a Studio Manager to add process and structure to the design team. You will be reporting into the Design Director, but working closely with Editorial, Picture Research, Production and other members of the team within the Design Department.
The Studio Manager will have overall responsibility to track and manage the flow of work from initial brief and concepts, delivery of layouts to proofing and production.
The Responsibilities for this Studio Manager
This is a new role in the team brought about due to growth within the business and a need to structure and streamline the department.
· Adding process and structure to the team
· Ensure schedules are met and that work is on time and on budget
· Control workflow and monitor the progress of the design elements for each title through different departments and third party agencies
· Attend weekly status meetings
· Resource and manage freelance resource
· Work with the rest of the design team to identify external creative services such as illustrators, photographers and freelance book designers
The Requirements for this Studio Manager
· Solid studio management experience, ideally within an agency environment
· Solid negotiating skills
· Experience of implementing process and structure into a studio environment
· Experience in Word, Excel and Outlook
· Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
· A passion for art and design is a bonus
Salary for the successful Studio Manager is £35k-£40k + bonus